These 20 Minute Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a quick and delicious meal that everyone will love! Perfect for meal prep too!
This recipe is quickly becoming a go-to around our house! And for a few good reasons the main two being that this recipe is super fast to make and is full of flavor without using too many ingredients. Plus, it also has the benefit of being light and healthy too. Basically, it’s an all around winner!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
20 Minute Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lately, our life has been all about the quick and healthy meals whenever we can seem to sneak them in! While I still love to cook, after being home for months and months and having a new bébé around, things can get a little hectic haha. Sometimes we just need a dinner that is easy and no stress.
That is where the inspiration for this meal came from! These wraps come together in about the time it takes to brown the ground chicken. The sauce is mainly made from pantry staples and gets punched up with cilantro, green onions and lime. Sometimes simple is really the best, don’t ya think?
I also love putting together a recipe that BMW can easily make on those nights where I need a night off. This is definitely one of those recipes! Even though I usually do the cooking, and usually love to, there are sometimes when ya just a need a break. This is a great recipe for someone who needs something easy or someone who is just learning to cook. This recipe always turns out delicious and is super easy to follow along with!
Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I love a good spicy kick in a meal! These lettuce wraps get their spice from sambal oelek, an asian garlic chili paste, that adds a nice level of spice but also some flavor too. I only included a small amount in this recipe but if you like it really spicy double it. If you are adverse to spice of any kind, you can reduce it by half but I recommend not leaving it out all together because it does add a nice flavor.
Speaking of spice, BMW loves to add even more spice with some sriracha. The water chestnuts add a crunchy texture to this recipe. They also soak up lots of flavor from the sauce and are great little umami bombs in each bite.
Better Than P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
These healthy chicken lettuce wraps are even better than the ones you get for takeout! Even better, they are super quick and faster than delivery. The sauce is really delicious and well balanced. There is a small amount of sugar in the sauce but it is there to help balance the savory, salty and spicy flavors. Divided between all the servings, the sugar is very small and doesn’t impart any sweetness but actually is a building block that helps all the other flavors shine. I definitely want to encourage you not to leave it out!
You Might Also Love
20 Minute Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt reduce by half if using table salt
- 5 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 in fresh ginger grated
- 5 oz water chestnuts diced, drained
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek can add more or less to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Begin by browning the chicken with the salt in a skillet over medium high heat. Break apart with spatula, stirring and tossing occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, grate the ginger and mince or press the garlic. Set aside.
- Next, make the sauce by whisking together the soy sauce, sambal, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and lime juice until sugar is mostly dissolved. Set aside.
- Return to the chicken and add the garlic, ginger and water chestnuts. Toss until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add sauce to skillet and toss until well coated.
- Fill romaine leaves with chicken and top with cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!