This Apple Hemingway Daiquiri is a twist on the classic cocktail with fresh apples, cinnamon and lime. It’s light and easy to make at home!
This cocktail is based on a seasonal favorite from one of my favorite local bars, Garage. We visited a few times this past fall and each time I really enjoyed their apple-rum drink so I decided to decipher the ingredient list and create a similar drink at home. This drink is a twist on a Classic, or Hemingway, Daiquiri. It includes white rum, lots of fresh lime juice and the twist is an apple cinnamon infused simple syrup that balances it all out. This drink should be served chilled in a small coup glass because a little bit goes a long way!
This post is sponsored by RubyFrost Apples. As always, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep this free blog going!
Apple Hemingway Daiquiri
I always think of apples for fall inspired recipes but this time I took a slightly different approach after having tried this drink at my local bar. I fell in love with the combination of apple + lime + cinnamon. When I first saw the ingredients, I thought it seemed a little weird but once I tried it I was hooked. Something about the apple and lime that is just so, so good and refreshing at the same time.
RubyFrost Apples worked so nicely in this drink because they are so well balanced! Since they naturally have a balanced flavor of sweet and tart, I could use lots of lime and just a touch of sugar for the simple syrup and the flavor profile of the apples really shined through. Not to mention that the RubyFrost Apples baked up so nicely and held their shape for the perfect garnish!
Once you try this recipe you will fall in love! Might I suggest that you go ahead and double or triple the Apple Cinnamon Simple Syrup recipe and store in the fridge so that you can make this drink on the fly at home!
You Might Also Love
Apple Hemingway Daiquiri
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz RubyFrost Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 RubyFrost Dried Apple for garnish
Ruby Frost Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 RubyFrost Apple peeled, cored, diced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp water
RubyFrost Dried Apple Garnish
- 1 RubyFrost Apple sliced 1/16 of inch thin
- 1 lemon
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the rum, fresh squeezed lime juice and RubyFrost Apple Cinnamon Syrup to the shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled coup and garnish with a dried RubyFrost Apple slice.
RubyFrost Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- In a small pot, combine diced RubyFrost apples with sugar, cinnamon and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and apple pieces soften. Use a muddler or fork to muddle down the apple pieces and release juices. Press apple mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discard pulp and set aside apple cinnamon syrup.
Dried RubyFrost Apple Garnish
- Slice RubyFrost Apple as thinly as possible or use a mandolin to slice 1/16 of inch slices. Cover slices with lemon juice to prevent browning. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 2 hours at 225°F flipping the slices over halfway through baking. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.