My go-to weeknight meals usually involve something with one pot and carbs. Oh and cheese too. Every now and then I throw in something green to make it healthier. My old favorite was cilantro pesto pasta with a poached egg. All the yums! Super spicy and comforting. Because spicy food is comforting to me. I just love it. If my eyes are watering, my nose is running and my mouth is on fire, then the spice level is juuuuust right. Yeah, that kind of spice. Recently, I’ve been taking it down just a notch. A little bit of spice, ok ok maybe a little bit more than a little, but not crazy like I used to.
I am also really into garlic. Like seriously. My mom always comments that all my recipes have garlic haha. So I was proud of myself when I came up with this pasta recipe without garlic! Here ya go Mom! Hope you like it!
1/2 lb bucatini noodles
2 cups arugula
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons parmesan + more to top
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 a lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Buttery noodles are my fav! Always tempting to eat them just like this.
1) Boil noodles until al dente; according to package
2) Drain but reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water
3) Toss noodles with reserved pasta water, butter, two tablespoons parmesan and olive oil until butter is melted and well mixed.
4) Add arugula, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Toss again until arugula is gently wilted. About one minute. This process works better if you do it in the hot pot.
5) Serve in a bowl and top with more parmesan! More salt & pepper if you like too 🙂
Heaping bowls of pasta are my favorite year round. I kept a bowl for leftovers and added a poached egg on top. It was the perfect post work out meal!