This Cappuccino Ice Cream Pie is a sweet pick me up that is a nostalgic dessert. It’s easy to make from scratch!
I’ve been wanting to make this pie for like forever! Growing up, there was a little Italian restaurant that everyone loved. Garlic knots, red sauce everything and even those checkered tablecloths. I’m pretty sure just about every town had one! Ours served a dessert that I have never really had anywhere else. It’s you guessed it, Cappuccino Pie! Sometimes when I am staying at my mom’s house, I will still order it just for nostalgia’s sake. Anyways, I’ve always wanted to recreate that pie so here it is. I know y’all will love it as much as I do!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
Cappuccino Ice Cream Pie
I call this Cappuccino Ice Cream Pie because the filling is very ice cream like. Coffee ice cream to be exact. But to make this creamy filling you will only need a stand or hand mixer. I mean you could actually probably make it by whisking it yourself just hope you have strong elbows haha! That is all to say that this pie is really easy to make.
Coffee Ice Cream Pie
In this recipe I call for four tablespoons of instant espresso powder. This will impart a nice bold coffee flavor without being too overpowering. I like to use regular instant espresso powder but since this will most likely be eaten after dinner, you can opt for a decaf version if you don’t want the caffeine. I include the instructions to make an Oreo crust but you can buy one at the store if that makes it easier for you!
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
Omg this sauce is sooooo good y’all! It’s really quick to make, like less than five minutes. This chocolate sauce only has a few ingredients and it’s a million times better than the store bought stuff. It’s worth the extra effort trust me. This recipe will make more than you need so use to make chocolate milk, drizzle on ice cream or any other way you fancy chocolate sauce!
You Might Also Love
Cappuccino Ice Cream Pie
- 30 Oreo Cookies crushed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- Begin by making the cookie crust. Crush or pulse the Oreo cookies until they are a fine crumb. Then add melted butter and pulse or stir for 30 seconds until well combined. Press into pie plate and chill in the freezer while you make the filling and sauce.
- Gently warm the warm milk and whisk in espresso powder until dissolved. Allow to warm on stove over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream, espresso milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Using a stand or hand mixer, whisk the ingredients for 6-7 minutes until light and fluffy. Spoon mixture into chilled pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or up to a month in advance.
- Make the chocolate sauce by combining sugar, cocoa powder, water, vanilla extract and salt over medium low heat until sugar is dissolved and just slightly bubbling around the edges about 3 minutes. Place into glass mason jar and let chill until ready to use. Can make up to a month ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- Once ready to enjoy, slice pie and drizzle with chocolate sauce! Top with additional crushed cookies if desired.