Green Bean Panzanella Salad is a fresh and easy salad that is perfect to make ahead for meal prep! It’s delicious and filling!
Spring has sprung around here! Plenty of sunshine, blue skies and oh lots of fresh veggies at the markets! I know most people love spring and summer but I gotta admit I am more of a fall kinda gal. However, this year, maybe it was that we just saw all the beautiful blooms in Paris, I will say that spring is growing on me. I mean this green bean salad is perfect for lunch or even a light dinner! It’s hearty enough to fill you up and it’s packed with crisp, fresh vegetables.
You can prep the veggies ahead of time and assemble the salad just before eating. That way you can enjoy it a few times this week! Do you have a favorite panzanella salad? I mean bread in salad = Natalie’s fav. Or pasta. Because pasta.
Green Bean Panzanella Salad
½ lb. fresh green beans
1 cup cubed bread, toasted
½ cup diced grape tomatoes
1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup sliced red onion
1 slice bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Slice red onion thinly and place into a bowl of water to take the bite out. Set aside.
- Wash green beans and remove ends. Chop into 3-4 in long pieces.
- Blanche green beans by dropping into boiling water for 2 minutes, then shock them in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Remove from ice water and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- To make the panzanella, chop white or sourdough bread into 1 inch cubes. Toss with olive oil and Italian seasonings. Broil for 5 minutes, tossing once, until bread is crisp.
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, mustard, and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with bread, tomatoes, red onion, and crumbled bacon with dressing. Serve immediately.