Grilled Chicken Coconut Noodle Bowls are a delicious weeknight dinner! These bowls are packed with flavor and easy to make ahead!
Creamy coconut milk. Loads of flavor from garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cozy noodles. Sounds good, right? Well it is! I’ve been craving lots of noodle bowls lately but the kind filled with lots of aromatics and bold flavors. I love how much flavor is packed into one meal with these coconut noodle bowls!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
Coconut Milk Noodle Bowls
I love how creamy the coconut milk makes these bowls! It the perfect base for soaking up and really letting all the flavor from the bright ginger, garlic and fresh turmeric shine! I punched it up with some fish sauce and sambal oelek. The acid from the lime helps balance things out.
I really encourage you to use full fat coconut milk in this recipe. I tried cutting it with chicken broth and the flavors got lost in the sauce which actually turned into more of a soup. The richness and thickness of the coconut milk makes the perfect saucy base for this bowl.
Fresh Turmeric Root
I use fresh turmeric root in this recipe. It provides a fresh flavor that really plays well with the fresh ginger. It really gives this bowl a big kick of flavor. It is also responsible for this gorgeous golden color. Turmeric is also known to be an anti-inflammatory so we can all use more of that, right?
If you can’t find fresh turmeric root, you can substitute the ground turmeric. Definitely use fresh garlic and ginger!
Make Ahead Dinner
If you want to meal prep, you can make the sauce ahead of time and freeze it. You can also grill the chicken and keep in the fridge for a few days. Then when you are ready to eat, boil the noodles and toss with the sauce and chicken until hot. Top with the fresh cilantro and bean sprouts.
Alternatively, this meal is also great as leftover the next day! The noodles really soak up all the flavors from the sauce.
You Might Also Love
Grilled Chicken Coconut Noodle Bowls
Grilled Chicken Coconut Noodle Bowls
- 13.5 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast approx 8 ounces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek optional, remove if you prefer less spicy
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 in ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 in turmeric root peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 shallot peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 8 oz wide rice noodles
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 oz lime juice plus additional wedges for serving if desired
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- Season chicken with salt. Grill chicken or cook in pan, about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°. Cut into 1 inch strips and set aside.
- In skillet over medium high heat, stir coconut oil with one teaspoon salt and ginger, turmeric and garlic. Stir until fragrant and slightly softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place cooked ginger, turmeric and garlic into a high speed blender with coconut milk. Blend for about 3 minutes or until very smooth. Set aside.
- Boil noodles until just under cooked, about 1-2 minutes less than package recommendations. Rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Strain coconut mixture through fine mesh sieve into high sided skillet. Add fish sauce, sambal oelek, lime juice and remaining salt. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
- Add noodle to skillet and finish cooking.
- Place noodles onto serving plate or bowl. Top with chicken and garnish with cilantro leaves, bean sprouts and additional sambal oelek and lime wedges if desired.