It’s Wednesday and couldn’t we all be tempted to sneak a little somethin’ somethin’ into our coffees this morning? Oh that’s just me? Ok. This little concoction was brewed (ha) up in the morning but I think it’s perfectly fitting to imbibe any time of day. Especially for dessert! Rich, Russian Stout with dark, cold brew coffee, topped with some creamy whip and voila!
It only takes a few ingredients to get this cocktail going. I do recommend making the simple syrup… dark brown sugar, oh yes!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links, I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
You Might Also Love Fall Spice Old Fashioned with Burnt Cinnamon
Holly Jolly Pick Me Up: Coffee and Beer Cocktail
Makes one drink
– 1 dark beer (Russian Imperial Stout works best)
– 2 ounces espresso, room temperature
– 1 ounce brown sugar cinnamon syrup
– whipped cream
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Simple Syrup
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Begin by making the simple syrup. Combine equal parts water and brown sugar with cinnamon into a small pot.
- Over medium heat, stir until the sugar melts and everything is well combined. Set aside and let this come to room temperature.
- Pour the stout into a glass. Add the espresso. I use a cold brew concentrate, if you can’t find anything like that at your store, make an espresso and let it come to room temperature. No espresso maker? Basically make some really, really strong coffee!
- Now add the simple syrup. Pro tip: a regular sized shot glass is one ounce. You can use that to measure with! Give everything a good stir. Cute, paper straws really help with this.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, because yes. It is way more festive that way!