These Mini Pumpkin Spice Pop-Tarts are the perfect little fall treat! They are great as a dessert or in place of a seasonal cookie.
This recipe has been one I’ve been dreaming up since last fall. I have always wanted to make homemade pop-tarts since I’ve seen them popping (haha cheesy I know) up at my favorite bakeries around town. I’ve been making different kinds of pie and experimenting making my own crusts, but this time I decided to go with store bought and see the difference. Not quite as flaky and buttery, but the time saved is worth it in this case. Since there is a lot of dough handling for these, a store bought crust will work great. Pumpkin is one of my favorite things to bake with because it add tons of moisture without the need for lots of other ingredients. And hello, this is the only time of year we really get to indulge in pumpkin. Maybe pumpkin-mania has gotten a little overload the past few years, but pumpkin will remain one of my fall favorites!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pop-Tarts
These pop tarts so fun and easy to make for a little fall treat! They come together quick and use a store bought pie crust aka they are so simple to make! These are mini pies but they kind of eat like a cookie making them perfect for your holiday table.
Over medium heat, mix pumpkin puree and spice until fragrant. About 3 minutes.
Serve up the little treats! Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Watch the Video of How To Make Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts!
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pop-Tarts
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
For the filling:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream or almond milk
- sprinkles optional
- Over medium heat, mix pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice together with egg until well combined. About 3 minutes.
- Roll out pie crust and use a pizza roller to cut it into strips about 2 inches wide. Place about one tablespoon of filling every two inches.
- Put pie crust over the filling and cut into rectangles.
- Use a fork to press edges closed. It's ok if some filling squeezes out. Place mini pop-tarts onto baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are just browned. I bake way more on my pizza stone than just pizza, including these pop-tarts! Plus, I think it makes a great background for styling for photos or serving at parties at my house.
- While the pop-tarts are baking, make the frosting. Whisk together the powdered sugar and whipping cream. If the mixture is dry, add one tablespoon of additional cream or almond milk until the frosting is thick but well combined. You might need to take a few extra stirs before adding additional liquid. You don't want to add too much or the icing will be too runny.
- Let pop-tarts cool completely, then dollop the frosting on top of the little tarts. Add sprinkles and let cool for an hour so that frosting will harden.