Creamy, craveable and restaurant-worthy are the words that come to mind when I try and describe this Shrimp Scampi recipe. I’ve made this pasta dish so many times now and it never disappoints! Even with the pickiest of eaters, this one is always a hit. BMW and I love to make this for a date night in because it feels so fancy but it comes together pretty quick, so you don’t have to spend all night cooking. Which that is the real treat, right?
Best Recipe for Date Night In
Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorite dishes to order when we go out to eat but I gotta admit, after perfecting this recipe, I think it’s even better than the ones I eat when I go out! Better than takeout for sure. Y’all know BMW and I are fans of date night in and this is one of our favorite recipes to make! I made this for my dad and his girlfriend when they came to stay with us and they were totally blown away! So if you’re looking to impress someone, then I definitely recommend making this recipe.
Pasta and shrimp wrapped in this homemade cream sauce is nothing short of decadent! The lemon, parmesan, shallots and garlic add so much flavor. At the end of the day, simple yet delicious ingredients are the key to any great recipe. I recommend using spaghetti alla chittara in this recipe because the rough cut versus a traditional smooth cut noodle will hold onto the sauce better. This means more flavorful sauce in every bite instead of settling in the bottom of your bowl.
I love this recipe so much that I made a video! You can watch and see how quickly and easily this recipe comes together. Plus, you’ll get all my tips to make your cooking experience so much smoother!
Watch the Full Recipe Video Here!
You Might Also Love
Makes 4 servings
1 lb shrimp, fresh, peeled and deveined with tails on
1/2 a shallot
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 stick of butter, unsalted
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated plus more for topping
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Boil pasta until slightly al dente, be sure not to cook the pasta all the way or it will fall apart later. Reserve one cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- Sauté the garlic and shallots with the butter in a skillet for 2 minutes over medium heat or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and salt to skillet, cooking shrimp for 3-4 more minutes, until pink and cooked through.
- Add pasta to skillet, tossing well. Add pasta water 1-2 tablespoons at a time, tossing until absorbed.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, zest and red pepper, tossing. Remove from heat, add cream and Parmigiano, tossing to create creamy sauce. Add additional pasta water as needed to thin sauce until desired consistency is reached. Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with additional Parmigiano and red pepper if you want!