The Best Creamy Chicken and Veggie Soup
This is The Best Creamy Chicken and Veggie Soup! It's packed with veggies and the most flavorful soup base with lots of herbs!
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Ditalini Pasta or other short cut pasta, like egg noodles
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence without lavender, can substitute Italian Seasoning without salt
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 48 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 lemon juice and zest
In a large heavy bottomed pot, sauté onions with butter on medium high heat until softened and slightly translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Add garlic and half of the salt, stirring until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
Add celery, onions, carrots and remaining salt to pot, Stirring for about 60 seconds.
Add chicken breast to pot and pour chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a rolling simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Remove chicken breast and shred then add back to pot with 1/2 cup of water and dry pasta. Bring back to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes until pasta is tender.
Reduce heat to low, add milk, lemon juice and zest, Herbs de Provence and pepper. Stir until well combined then serve.
Sodium: 823mg | Calcium: 152mg | Vitamin C: 22mg | Vitamin A: 5701IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 908mg | Cholesterol: 50mg | Calories: 309kcal | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 25g | Carbohydrates: 35g | Iron: 3mg