Mango, Chicken and Rice Bowls with Edamame and Spicy Peanut Sauce
These Mango, Chicken and Rice Bowls with Edamame and Spicy Peanut Sauce are so good and light but always satisfying with lots of flavor!
- 1 cup cooked white rice approx 1/2 cup dry rice
- 8 oz chicken breast approx 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup edamame shelled and cooked
- 1/2 cup mango peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small English cucumber thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/2 small lime
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds optional
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic chili sauce plus more to taste
Begin by cooking rice according to packaging. Meanwhile, grill chicken breast until cooked through and let rest.
Then cook the edamame according to packaging, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside. Toss thinly sliced cucumber with 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Massage shredded red cabbage with remaining salt, rice wine vinegar and juice from half a lime, set aside.
Make the peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, water, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and garlic chili sauce. Taste and add more garlic chili sauce if you desire it to be spicier.
Slice the chicken breast, then build the bowls. Add rice, chicken, mango, shredded carrots and cabbage, cucumbers and edamame. Then top with sesame seeds and drizzle with peanut sauce and enjoy!
Sodium: 3088mg | Calcium: 133mg | Vitamin C: 37mg | Vitamin A: 3443IU | Sugar: 18g | Fiber: 10g | Potassium: 1439mg | Cholesterol: 73mg | Calories: 624kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fat: 24g | Protein: 47g | Carbohydrates: 58g | Iron: 4mg