Chicken with Apples and Veggies in a Maple Dijon Sauce
This Chicken with Apples and Veggies in a Maple Dijon Sauce is an easy, quick, healthy meal that is delicious and filling!
- 2 8oz chicken breasts butterflied
- 2 cups Ruby Frost Apples chopped, about 1 apple
- 2 cups brussels sprouts halved and stems removed, about 1/2 bag
- 2 cups butternut squash chopped, can cub sweet potato
- 1/2 shallot sliced
Maple Dijon Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt reduce by half if using table salt
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F. Chop the vegetables and slice the shallot. Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing horizontally and leaving only 1/2 inch still connected near the thickest part of the breast.
In separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, syrup, salt, pepper and thyme until emulsified.
On a large baking sheet, make it large so that everything has room to spread out and allow the heat from the oven to circulate, toss the chicken, apples, vegetables and shallot with the dressing. Reserve 1-2 tbsp of dressing for after cooking. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through and vegetables and apples are tender.
Drizzle with remaining sauce. Enjoy on its own or over a bed of greens, quinoa or rice.
Sodium: 784mg | Calcium: 145mg | Vitamin C: 114mg | Vitamin A: 15722IU | Sugar: 25g | Fiber: 10g | Potassium: 1061mg | Cholesterol: 1mg | Calories: 452kcal | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fat: 28g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 51g | Iron: 3mg