The stress from holidays and travel can leave your digestive track feeling a little sluggish, these are 5 Things You Can Do To Improve Your Digestion right now!
Happy New Year! Are you doing New Year’s intentions, goals or resolutions this year? To be 100% honest and transparent, I don’t have anything major as far as those things go this year. My main goals are to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery and survive the first 6 months with a newborn! I think that should do it 🤣 However, I do know that around this time of year my tummy isn’t always feeling so hot after all that indulgent holiday eating, stress and travel. So I rounded up the five things I do to get back on track!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of these links, I may earn a few pennies. Thank you for keeping this free blog going!
5 Things You Can Do To Improve Your Digestion right now!
When your stomach and digestive track isn’t moving the way it should be, it can be really hard to focus on anything else. To make matters worse, all the stress about not feeling great can only exacerbate the problem. I’ve tried lots of remedies and over the counter products to get things moving. Sometimes they work but usually not for very long or they come with some other unpleasant side effects.
After our long travels, I noticed it was more difficult for me to get back to normal than ever before. So I started doing some research and trying out new things. After talking with some friends over the holidays, I realized that lots of people were having the same issues as me and I was all too happy to share what has worked for me. So I figured if my friends IRL needed a little help, then maybe this information would help all your readers too!
Obviously, I am not a doctor or medical professional. These are all just healthy tips that I have found help me when I am feeling constipated. Please always know to consult your doctor for any ongoing issues or questions about your specific condition.
5 Restart Remedies
- My favorite ever Best Super Food Smoothie for Energy and Digestion is what I drink most mornings but especially after travel. It’ll get things moving (in a healthy way!) quick!
- Take a Magnesium Supplement. Magnesium is needed for every cell function in our bodies. It’s super important and even if you eat a pretty healthy diet, it’s nearly impossible to get all we need just from food these days since our soils have been so depleted. This is the one I take. I’ve noticed is helps me with digestion if I take it in the morning and with sleep if I take it before bed.
- Get moving! No, but seriously. Movement helps the bowels. Whether it’s your favorite workout class or a short walk around the block, it helps. It’s best if followed up by a large glass of water. This is my favorite workout routine you can do from anywhere!
- I was late to the kombucha game but it has been a game changer for me. My favorite is the Pomegranate from Healthade. It’s a little different at first but now I crave it sometimes!
- Probiotics are really what have helped me get regular, especially after long travels. I switch between Align and the store brand because it’s good to switch it up a little since your body can adjust to the same thing. Don’t be afraid to find a probiotic that works for you. They even have them for kids! Probiotics are especially helpful after a round of antibiotics or other heavy meds.