Growing up in Texas, I’ve always known about Cinco de Mayo. I will say in the past ten years or so, it seems like people get way more into this holiday than I remember as a kid. I know Cinco de Mayo isn’t something that is typically celebrated in Mexico, but the way I look at it, I’ll take any excuse to celebrate good food and drink and with friends! Olé!
9 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
These nine delicious recipes are easy to make and share! It’s a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or really any time of year. From dips to tacos to drinks, I’ve got all your recipe needs covered!
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Hot Sauce Crema – These tacos remind me of trips with my grandparents to Mexico and eating fresh fish tacos for lunch on the beach!
2. Prickly Pear Margaritas – This is my favorite kind of margarita to order at restaurants in Austin! The prickly pear is a cactus fruit and what gives this drink it’s bright pink (all natural) hue!
3. Mango Ginger Guacamole – It’s like regular guacamole but better! It’s fresh and has a kick from the ginger and jalapeños that make this recipe really craveable.
4. Loaded Tex-Mex Queso – Austin is known for it’s queso and this recipe lives up to the hype! No overly processed cheeses here, just wholesome ingredients for a delicious, shareable appetizer.
5. Grilled Veggie Tacos– Fresh zucchini and corn get fire roasted and then come together for a flavorful, vegetarian taco!
6. Easy Homemade Blender Salsa – This is a go-to recipe for our family! It’s so easy and so delicious. Anyone can make it and it’s always a hit!
7. Crab Tostadas with Herby Aioli – The Caribbean is calling! These crab tostadas are a bright, fresh recipe that is great as an appetizer or entree.
8. Frozen Mango Tajin – Frozen mango chunks give this drink a cool, creamy texture. This is a boozeless version but you can add a shot if you want!
9. Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa – I love to eat this on tacos and salads! It’s great as a dip too or as filling for quesadillas.