Summer is high season for blueberries and this lemon blueberry pound cake made with Greek yogurt is the perfect way to indulge! Of course that is if you don’t eat all the blueberries first.
Normally, I would never let blueberries stay to long in the fridge but this time I did a big no-no. I let almost a week pass before delving into my fresh blueberries! They were all wilted! I couldn’t bare to let them go to waste…so I decide to bake them into a cake. This is a super easy, no butter recipe for pound cake. The Greek yogurt keeps this cake nice and moist. The vanilla extract, lemon juice and blueberries give it tons of flavor. And best of all, no wilted blueberries went to waste! Of course this recipe will work with plump blueberries as well!
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
Makes One 9x 13in Loaf
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the blueberries. Pick out and throw away any blueberries that have mold or white fuzz on them.
- Best eggs, sugar, oil, lemon juice, vanilla and Greek yogurt together until smooth.
- Next, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined. If there are a few lumps that’s ok. Add the blueberries and gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a well greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until it passes the knife test.
The sweet smell coming from the oven will bring everyone into your kitchen. And just look what you can do with week-old blueberries! Hmmm maybe strawberries would work as well!! This is perfect as dessert or breakfast or snack… Or really anytime!